Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies!


Oops. I just realized that I didn't include the recipe for the cookies I baked/froze during my "Freezer Cooking"  frenzy.  My 6 year old can recite the recipe from memory. It's a family favorite. I can honestly say I bake a batch up on a weekly basis and they are devoured.  My nephew will tell you "Aunt Deb's cookies are the best." This is quite the compliment for me 'cause cooking isn't really one of my strong points. So, obviously it's the recipe and not my cooking ability that make them so darn tasty. I've used the same recipe for years. In fact, it's written in a recipe book I made as a teenager! (and yes, we had paper back then!)  Give it a try and I'm sure your entire family will be happy you did!


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 - 12oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream softened butter, shortening and sugars together.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth.  Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix together sifted ingredients and sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips and mix again.  Use spoon to drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake in 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.

Or drop onto wax paper covered cookie sheet and place in freezer until froze and then put in ziploc bag to store in freezer for future baking.

No comments: