Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicken Nugget Recipe!

(almost didn't get a picture - they were gobbled up pretty quick!)


Chicken nuggets were on the menu plan for tonight.  My husband was less than thrilled.  He was thinking I was going to open up a bag of those frozen store-bought nuggets and stick them in the microwave. Yes, it is true, I am guilty of doing that in the past.  Lucky for him I found a new recipe over at  "My name is Snickerdoodle" that is easy and delicious!  In fact, these nuggets have been compared to the ones they serve at a certain fast food restaurant that specializes in chicken (not cow). 

So, my dear husband was pleasantly surprised to see "real" chicken nuggets on his plate and the entire family was smacking their lips with approval.  My youngest son was even checking the monthly menu plan to find out when we're having chicken nuggets next!  I have to admit, these were really good and I might have to make some adjustments to the menu plan and make these again real soon!  


2 skinless, boneless chicken breast (I used 4)
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
canola oil or peanut oil (I used canola)

Whisk together egg and milk.
Cube chicken into bite-size nugget pieces.
Put chicken in milk mixture, cover, let marinate in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours, I only waited about 30 minutes.  Combine flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
Pour about 2 inches of oil in a deep pan. Heat over medium to high until hot.
Using tongs, take chicken out of milk mixture and place in flour mixture. Shake or stir all chicken pieces in flour mixture until the chicken is completely covered.
Place nuggets in oil and fry until fully cooked.  I left my nuggets in the oil about 5 minutes.
Remove and drain on paper towel.
 
My mom suggested making a double batch and freezing some to have ready for a quick meal or snack.  Brilliant!  I will definitely be adding this recipe to my "freezer cooking" list.

No comments: