Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Daughter's Driving and I'm Thankful!

What am I saying!?! Am I crazy? Since December I have had pings of fear each time my daughter has pulled out of the driveway. I have worried and wished that she had never passed that driver's test.  It's not easy to let your babies get behind the wheel. In fact, it's downright terrifying!  Not that they aren't good drivers, but you never know who else might be driving on the same road.  Maybe I'm having a harder time with this one, because she is my youngest daughter and was the baby in the family for 10 years. (Then along came another brother!) She is mommy's little girl, how can she be 16 already?  I figured in time I would eventually get used to the idea of her driving.

That time was today.  I had to have some dental work done. Not fun. I left the dentist's office feeling just fine, but after driving just a few blocks everything started to go black.  I just couldn't keep from passing out. So, needless to say, there was no way I was going to be driving through the parent pick-up line to get my son at school. And this is when my daughter came to my rescue.

I was beginning to panic trying to figure out who I could call to pick him up. My parents were unavailable, dad was at work 45 minutes away, his older siblings were all working, who was I going to call?! Then I had a realization moment... my daughter is at the same school and she has her driver's license and a car! Duh!

She was great. She picked him up from school and even took him to get a Happy Meal! (he may never want mommy to pick him up again!)  Funny thing. I didn't even worry about her driving him home.

So, yes, I'm thankful for my driving daughter. But I am even more thankful that my daughter has become a responsible, caring young woman.

Delightfully yours,
Debbie

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments: