Thursday, December 30, 2010

Delightful Day of Shopping!

Walgreens = $4.85


Target = $4.37


So much fun!  Grabbed some awesome deals today at Walgreens and Target! 

My first stop was Walgreens. Purchased 26 items for $4.85!!! That's less than 19 cents per item! AND I walked away with $14 in Register Rewards!  My receipt stated that I saved $64.10 with manufacturer coupons, $2.50 with Walgreens coupons and $24.82 in advertised savings. 

After the success at Walgreens, I couldn't wait to get to Target.  I was a little disappointed when I discovered they were sold out of the Vaseline Intensive Rescue lotion that was on sale for $2.50. I have $2.50 worth of coupons to use on them!  But no worries, I asked for rainchecks so I'll still be able to get me some free lotion when they stock up.  The total out-of-pocket at Target was $4.37 for 20 items!!! An average of 21 cents per item! 

I also went to Wal-Mart and got a few good deals.  I bought Premium Saltines on sale for $1.98 and I had a coupon for $1 off.  The Great Value brand of saltines is priced at $1.28. I figured .98 was a pretty good deal!  Also picked up 2 Morton Sea Salts. The smaller container is priced at $1.08 each, with my $1/1 coupons, these were only 8 cents each. Not bad. 

Overall, a frugally successful day of shopping. Well, almost.  I guess I should mention that after I was done shopping it was my teenage daughter's turn.  Can you believe that American Eagle and Hollister don't give out Register Rewards?!  I will say she did very well spending her gift cards on items that were 40% off.  Come to think of it, even with the shopping mall stop, it was a very delightfully frugal day!

No comments: